Sunday, April 6, 2014

Analyzing My Post

I see my post using all three elements of appeals: ethos, logos, and pathos. Logically the topic of concussions I used details that safety is the main concern which we all want to be concerned about. Also, people want to be able to find answers to concussion symptoms and how to develop a method to lower the production results of concussions inflicted on athletes mainly. My ethos are presented with my story of my experience dealing with a situation where I almost had concussion like symptoms and a friend who went through the trials of it. It was not a fun thing to watch him struggle, but luckily he was okay in the end. My examples such as the Zack Lystedt story presented the evidence of what concussions can do on athletes long term. For pathos, I would see as the whole essay I basically wrote. I put my emotions in to the persuasion factor to really persuade the audience to look at the issue at hand. Concussions are growing every where professionally and on amateur levels which is ridiculous. It is awful to hear about athletes who have brain damage of a 80 year old and are only in their mid 20s maybe. Pathos works best to connect with the readers because my whole topic was infused with emotions all the way. A topic such as concussions will invoke human emotions to come to play because it is about the lives of young kids who play sports and adults who are in serious danger in their profession. Anyone who can relate to the issue or were inflicted will want to read this and learn more for a solution or discuss ways to find better methods. With a large network of communication, maybe one day we will find a cure for concussions or at least a way to decrease the rate of inflicted athletes and how to maintain the numbers to a minimum. The appeal of pathos will make a blog really stand out and show that you really are passionate in what you preach which will bring a lot of support and appreciation from readers.

1 comment:

  1. Your emotional appeal through your personal experience is the motivating factor; however, stating what you want to persuade readers to do or think could be a bit clearer.

    ReplyDelete